Marcia received a 1997 tony Award nomination for her role as mama Morton in the smash Broadway re-staging
of Chicago (with Ann Reinking, Bebe Neuwirth, James Naughton and Joel Grey). In New York, Marcia made her Broadway debut in Hello Dolly,
playing opposite both Phyllis Diller and Ethel Merman.
Her first New York drama was The Time of Your Life at Lincoln Center. Prior to
setting the stage alight with her rendition of "When You're Good to Mama, Mama's Good to You" in the current and continuing
production of Chicago, she appeared at Playwright's Horizon in Romance Language and Miami. She has also been
seen in Tommy Tune's Bye Bye Birdie, Fiddler on the Roof with Topol, Orpheus Descending with Vanessa Redgrave, Cabaret with
Joel Grey, Roza with Georgia brown, and Rags with Teresa Stradas.
For a year and a half she starred as the mean Miss Hannigan in annie. Her
role in Rags brought her a Drama Desk nomination as best supporting actress. She was also nominated for a Tony Award
as the school principal, Miss Lynch, in Grease.
Marcia's many stock appearances include repeating her Broadway role in Annie and in major roles opposite such stars as Chita Rivera, Dick Van Dyke, John Davidson, Barbara Eden, Peter Marshall, Ann Miller, Gordon MacRae, Kaye Ballard, Pat O'Brien, Ken Berry and Betty Grable.
- Annie Music Circus in Sacramento (August 2001)
- Chicago (1996-present) -Tony Nomination
- Busker Alley Tour
- Grease (1994- ) -Tony Nomination
- Tommy Tune's Bye, Bye, Birdie (1991) Nat'l Tour
- Annie Long Beach Civic Light Pera - Drama League Award, Best Actress
- Annie (Broadway)
- Fiddler on the Roof (1990-1991)
- Orpheus Descending (1989)
- 42nd Street Nat'l Tour
- Cabaret Nat'l Tour
- When She Danced Playwrights Horizons
- The Time of Your Life Lincoln Center
- Romance Language Playwrights Horizons
- Miami Wendy Wasserstein musical at Playwrights Horizons
- Roza (1987)
- Rags (1986) -Drama Desk nomination
- The Time of Your Life
- Hello Dolly